Get ready for treatment

How to start

When you’re ready to consider SUBLOCADE, here's what you can do.

Make an appointment

Only treatment providers who have gone through specific training can become waivered to prescribe and administer medications that contain buprenorphine to treat opioid addiction in an office-based setting. Waivered treatment providers can be doctors, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, or midwives. Your treatment plan should also include counseling.

Find a buprenorphine treatment provider

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Agency (SAMHSA) also provides treatment information. Visit the SAMHSA website to find a facility near you that can provide treatment based on patient-specific criteria. Download steps for using SAMHSA's 
Treatment Services Locator

For more information on how to find a facility, call INSUPPORT® at 1-844-467-7778.

Get prepared

A treatment provider will want to learn about your medical history and experience with opioids. You might have questions, too. Learning about savings and resources may also be helpful.

Explore counseling options

There are counseling options that can work with your schedule and budget. There’s one-on-one and group, and even online, phone, and text therapy. For help finding counseling, talk to your treatment provider and visit the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration website.

Want information?

Find out more about opioid addiction and treating it.

Get Updates

If you are prescribed SUBLOCADE

Starting treatment with SUBLOCADE is done in 2 phases. Learn about them and what to expect.

Tell Me More


For most people with insurance SUBLOCADE is covered. Check with your insurance provider for more details.

Save Now